Saturday, September 26, 2009

Surprise MixTape

How fun! A random surprise package from SherriD, which had this cool checked fabric and an issue of MixTape . You can also check out their blog at: MixTape. This is a very cool little craft zine from Australia which I've heard a lot of good things about but had never seen an issue in person. Zines are really fun, I love how unique and un-corporate they are, they have a whole 'nother point of view and energy that is really refreshing compared to the usual magazine thing.
Thanks Sherri, you really made my day with your thoughtfulness!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Glad you like the package. It is ok if you don't like the fabric though. As I said in an earlier comment, when I saw that green checked fabric I thought perhaps this brown would work with it. If not, you won't hurt my feelings if you use it as a rag or something. :D
I used the fabric for chimneys in a house quilt I made last year. It is NOT an easy fabric for me to use though. So I thought I would pass it on to challenge YOU with. lol
The zine is interesting and I thought might have piqued your interest a little. It would be hard to subscribe to that one though, as the postage from overseas is awful!!!
Anyway, glad you got the package. I loved being able to RAOK* someone for a change! (*ROAK=Random Act of Kindness)