Monday, June 15, 2009

Circumnavigating Fairyland

As you may know or recall, I really really love fairy tales and I've just started reading this new fairytale story: "The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland In A Ship Of Her Own Making" online.

A new chapter is to be posted every Monday until approximately Christmas.

The author , Catherynne M. Valente is asking for donations, but otherwise it is free. It is a YA (young adult) fairytale, which was featured as part of an adult novel that she wrote earlier, "Palimpsest". Apparently on her recent book tour in support of "Palimpsest", everyone was asking about this tale within a tale, and whether or not she would ever write it. So, now she has decided to, in a very unique way.

I haven't read Palimpsest yet, but now that I know about it, I'm going to search that out also.
Oh and a PALIMPSEST isn't at all what I thought it was so I had to go look it up.

After reading just the first chapter, I'm hooked just with the idea and character of
the Green Wind.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

Great idea on a lot of levels.
Jaye