Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happiness is A New Camera



You can just Color Me Very Thankful for a new camera to replace my recently stolen, perfect-for-me-Canon. It is part of the new type of Canon Powershot line with a much bigger lens, the SX200. I haven't gotten used to it quite yet, especially the pop-up flash thingy which I always seem to have my finger on. I had better get that figured out quickly, otherwise the motor will burn out trying to push my finger up too. There are a whole lot more functions and goodies that I am finding that I am actually reading the manual so that I can use them.

So far the portrait function works really well, but the pictures I snapped of my boys aren't authorized for sharing here. By them that is. They vetoed the faces they were making for posting on the internet, but I can at least say that there was no red-eye at all.
I'm feeling much better now that I have a camera again. It was strange not having one that I could rely upon. A real one that worked reliably and has all the functions I'm used to. I've realized that I really have myself setup to function with one, almost as if it is another set of eyes that I was missing.

5 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

LOVE the roses! I almost stepped on my Fuji last evening---trying to *run* to answer the phone and forgot I had placed it on the floor by my chair when uploading the card. Yikes.
So I was almost with you in "Non-Camera-Ville" and I know I couldn't function.....
Sounds like you got a good one; keep us posted on how it works, how you like it, etc.

Alan said...

Canon Powershot digital camera is really perfect choice... I like this one and got it from Adorama...

jovaliquilts said...

The flowers look great! I have a Canon Powershot but don't know the number, but I love whatever it is I have. Don't know what I'd do without a camera anymore.

Darling Petunia said...

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

Sherri said...

It's been a while since you've posted. Are you ok?
hugs
Sherri