Friday, April 24, 2009

Grass is As High As A Lion's Eye

What do you think? Should I cut the grass? Spike doesn't think so. Since he is a stripey jungle print cat, he really enjoys skulking around through the tall grass like his ancestors. The other cats stand out, but he is really well camoflauged.

The grass is this crazy high because our lawn mower broke last year. And what is wrong with it would cost more to fix than buying a new one (Crazy huh?!). So this means I have to use the weed whacker. Which I am, quite frankly, terrified of. It isn't one of those buzzing cute string trimmers, it is one of the snarling whirling bladed ones, with a harness, balanced handles and a huge loud motor. It is mostly intended for the hillsides where it is brushier as opposed to grassy, and not mowable.
So, either I have to put off replacing my recently stolen camera, and buy that new mower this very weekend, or convince husband Marc that he now has this job around the house. Mowing our property has always been my domain. Which was fine when we had a working mower. But I just don't know if I'm up for this. Tell you what, if the thing starts in the first 10 tries, I'll do it. Otherwise, I'm punting till tomorrow.

Oh, by the way, here is the mower I want: The Cub Cadet 500. It is electric, and a little more robustly made than the others that I've seen.
It costs almost exactly the same as the replacement camera models that I'm looking at. Guess I better start playing the lottery eh?

1 comment:

Darling Petunia said...

Looks familiar! Our mower isn't broken, but we're lazy. Spike does look like he's digging it!