Sunday, December 28, 2008

Planning Ahead

I'm choosing this as my guiding quote for the coming year:
"So I vowed to keep myself alive, but only if I would never use me again for just me - each one of us is born of two, and we really belong to each other. I vowed to do my own thinking, instead of trying to accommodate everyone else' opinion, credo's and theories. I vowed to apply my inventory of experiences to the solving of problems that affect everyone aboard planet Earth." ~ Buckminster Fuller (American Engineer, Inventor, Designer, Architect "Geodesic Dome")
In case you haven't heard of Buckminster Fuller, try here at the Institute named for him, or of course there is always Wikipedia.
A song to illustrate the quote above by Ben Harper backed by Jack Johnson (in a video made by a Portuguese speaker).

No comments: