Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Six Questions, Answered

Darling Petunia, tagged me with a fun meme!

The rules: Answer 6 questions about myself. At the end of the post, tag 6 people and post their names. I then go to their blogs and leave them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read my blog. Finally, I let the person who tagged me know when I’ve posted my answers. (well 2 out of 3 ain't bad, right?!)

Here goes:

What was I doing ten years ago?

In 1998, I was working outside the home as an accounting software consultant, and taking care of two young boys ages 5 and 3. Dealing with small boys is sooooo different than with the teenaged beasts they are now, I truly had no idea. Most of my time was spent taking them places, playing with them, working when they weren't getting chicken pox, oh and occasionally quilting. I also was much healthier, sigh. I would have enjoyed myself more then if I knew how that would be changing in just ten years. I would say these last 10 years have just about been my favorite of my whole life (to date).




Five things on my to-do list for today?

1. laundry - hang up outside on the line early enough so it has a chance to dry, I'm trying really hard not to use the dryer.



2. make a doctor's appointment for myself that I've been putting off a year, oh yeah and that mammogram I've been postponing too.



3. pack for our trip to Sedona! Yikes! We leave on Friday morning!




4. brush the dog and all the cats. The hair this year is tremendous, bushels of it practically, bleah.



5. hem my new purple skirt, gotta have one more skirt to take on my trip.

Snacks I like?

I love salty asian crackers, the ones with nori or teriyaki flavors or chocolate covered almonds. Both of which I stock up on when I go to Trader Joe's.

Things I would do if I was a billionaire?

Making some big decisions! Geez that would be weird to be a billionaire all of a sudden. The scale of that kind of money is rather mind boggling to me. A timid first guess would be traveling (in high style of course) with the whole family would be a given. And starting some kind of helpful foundation with my oodles of bucks. Building a super cool very green house on a beach somewhere. Would I buy a lot of new stuff? Would I move right away? Would I buy a tropical island? How would this change my life for the better or for the worse? Lots o' questions that are hard to even imagine answering.




Places I have lived?

San Jose



Saratoga



Santa Cruz



Berkeley



Oakland



Mountain View



Cupertino



Boulder Creek



all in California, USA




Six people I want to know more about? All of you! Yes you! Leave a comment if you answer...



No comments: