Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Passion for Purple Level 1

Sometimes you just have to do a big block project like this to really appreciate the colors of fabrics in your stash. I am so pleased that there were so many perfect color foils for all that purple background.
This is how the Passion for Purple project is looking so far. Here are Adrienne's purple background squares (10"), overlaid with the first circle from me (8"diameter). Can't wait to see what Jaye puts on top of these vibrating yellowy-oranges. There will be two more circles placed on top. Then, we'll quarter the blocks up and swap them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am completely in love with this! This is the kind of thing that makes me wistful about not having the sewing gene -- all those gorgeous colors!

Laume said...

This is really striking! Love it! Simple but totally arty. It makes me want to go clear a space in my studio. I'm a little confused though - you all cut out similar purple squares and swapped them and then you're each doing your own "whatever" with or on top of them?

jovaliquilts said...

Wow, I love this quilt!! That's really all stash? So nice!