1) Molly Ivins just plain rules as best political columnist *evah*.
From her most recent column on the secret CIA prisons and the whole US torture (do we or don't we?!) :
"Why did we bother to beat the Soviet Union if we were just going to become it? Shame. Shame. Shame"
2) Bill O'Reilly is a Terrorist sympathizer.
On his radio show he was discussing San Francisco's recent vote to not allow military recruiting in the public schools, and he called for Al Qaeda to go ahead and just BOMB San Francisco.
Then after the predictable swirling storm of protest, he not only refused to apologize or retract this contemptible statement, but went even further saying:
"I mean, look, everybody knows what’s going on there. What I said isn’t controversial. What I said needed to be said. I’m sitting here and I’m looking at a city that has absolutely no clue about what the world is. None. You know, if you had been hit on 9/11 instead of New York, believe me, you would not have voted against military recruting. Yet the left-wing, selfish, Land of Oz philosophy that the media and the city politicians have embraced out there is an absolute intellectual disgrace."
Read the entire interview here at ThinkProgress.
So many people listen to him or watch his show. And he has a real problem with telling the truth, or let's just say "reality-based facts".
The first sentence in this post is a Google Bomb. If you are interested in helping this cause, copy it and post it on your blog. One of my favorite examples of this is a Google search for "miserable failure" will return the bio of Shrub on the White House website as the number one search result. Try it, amazing ain't it?
3) Just when you thought you'd never hear about Ahmed Chalabi ever again, he's back! Addressing the American Enterprise Institute, having meetings with Cheney, Rice and National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley. Please tell me they still aren't listening to this guy. Please.
He's the one that supplied a lot of the info that got the Iraq war started (to Judith Miller formerly of the NY Times).
4) Will Durst says this is how Scooter Libby's legal defense will go: ""When it says Libby Libby Libby on the label label label, it means testimony given, is mostly fable fable fable."
5) Quote of the week from Ah-nold, chastened Governor of California : ""If I would do another 'Terminator' movie I would have Terminator travel back in time and tell Arnold not to have a special election," the former action film star joked. "I should have also listened to my wife who said don't do it."