Saturday, October 22, 2005

Crayon Joy


Oh the joy of crayons! The smell, the waxy feel, the crinkly paper wrappers, the softening cardboard box, the sound of them rattling their way out of the box onto the table.
I had a spare moment today and had my new batik stamps out, so I grabbed them and my pearl crayons and started getting some rubbings down on white fabric.
Didn't this turn out pretty? I think I'll paint it tomorrow and see how the colors show up against a background other than white. Then I'll try ironing a section to see if the wax melts away and the design is left as a resist. Fingers crossed..

1 comment:

Debra Dixon said...

Those resist crayon stamps are cool! I'll be interested to know what becomes of the results. I just did some rubberstamp resist with Soft Scrub and then onto painted fabric. Very subtle but nice.