Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Kona and Chandler, Yes!!!


So I've had some good mail lately. Of the real type and the email type.
My coffee quilt will be shown at the Kona Coffee Cultural Festival, hurray! Now for the hard part, convincing Dear Husband that we need to go and visit it in person!!
I think after 12 years of this parenting gig we deserve a long weekend away, don't you?
We have the airmiles, so why not use them before the airlines all go belly up and erase them.

The Kona Coffee quilt show will be in the Kamehameha Kona Beach hotel November 10,11,12 from 10am-5pm.


The next good news I'm busting out to share is the news that I got a quilt into the Art Quilts X show at Chandler Center for the Arts in Arizona. Hooray! "Icon: Venus of Willendorf" will be getting the sunny treatment in Arizona. Art Quilts X: Xhilarating: Joy in the Making will be exhibited from late November 2005 through early January 2006.

So after all that good mail, what else should I expect? More good mail perhaps? Sure, why not? Guess that means I better enter some more shows, right? And make some more work, right? Which means I better get off this computer and get up to the studio!

6 comments:

Gerrie said...

Congratulations, Julie! Two for two -way to go!!

Deb R said...

Yay Julie!!

And Yes, you NEED to go to Hawaii to see the Kona show!!

Karoda said...

This is very cool news! congrats and get busy packing those bags for Hawaii, November will be here before you know it! :)

Tracey said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Julie!!! What an accomplishment. Now get those bags packed!! :o)

Frances said...

wow not one but TWO quilts accepted,
congratulations and hope you get to see the Kona show,

I don't think I posted a comment but I liked the Harmony quilt too,

Jaye said...

So thrilling! I am thrilled for you. Kona is gorgeous and you should go. The grandparents will stay with the kids, won't they? You do need some time along.