SO here goes....
The Music Meme
1. Total amount of music files on your computer? 1 File, one lonely little file - The one and only song I've ever downloaded "The Zephyr Song" by the RedHotChiliPeppers. I use this computer to play Yahoo Launch Music Videos or my custom radio station, it comes with my DSL package. So the files aren't actually stored on my system. That's one of our favorite family things to do, sit around the computer and play a bunch of videos for songs we like. IMO, much better than letting my kids watch MTV. Although I can only watch Weird Al Yankovich so many times :(
2. The last CD you bought was: The Killers "Hot Fuss" a newish band that I dig or Power of Soul a tribute to Jimi Hendrix or Itzhak Perlman reDiscovered Violin Sonatas. One of those. What can I say, I'm an eclectic listener (understatement of the century).
3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?
"Stand" by REM, this is the preferred riding to school music right now. We always have an uptempo song that we listen to, since there is NEVER any music on the radio in the am.
Zach is in charge of putting the cd on the right track, since he remembers stuff like that. I'm just lucky to be able to start the car and back up without hitting our other cars in the morning. I really don't wake up fully til 11am.
Oh, and last night I listened to the soundtrack to the musical Wicked while helping Alex learn longdivision. We love that song Popular.
4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:
In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel, (that's "our" song, first one we danced to at our wedding 15 years ago this march!),
the entire Moulin Rouge movie soundtrack, because it got me through a bad year and kept me working at my art
Sting's Sacred Love, the disco remix, because it gets me up off my rear to dance and the lyrics are hopeful.
XTC's Dear God, just because it rings true and makes me cry every time.
U2's All That You Leave Behind, either Beautiful Day or Peace on Earth or Grace or...shoot the whole thing, I can't pick.
And just because I can't stop, Dave Matthews Band's Grey Street because it perfectly describes me when I'm down in the pit of depression walking the legendary black dog.
How do you like all those amazon links? Tempting eh?
5. What 3 people are you going to pass this baton to and why?
Dara at DaraMusing because I know she loves lots of different, interesting music
Karen at ChaoticQuiltArt because I know she needs another thing to focus on today
and Rayna at studio 78 because I love love love her work and she is new to the artful quilters blog ring.